Solarwolf is an action/arcade game written entirely in Python,
featuring attractive graphics and cool music.
It is is originally based on the SolarFox game from the Atari 2600.
The objective of the game is to scramble through 60 levels
collecting space boxes and dodging bullets. Each level gets is harder
than the previous. Obstacles like bullets, mines, and asteroids cover
your every move. Beat the Skip
timer and grab the powerups for your only chance.
As the game goes on, more challenges emerge. The enemies fire
more rapidly, obstacles such as asteroids and spike mines appear
(colliding with either costs the player a ship), as well as the
introduction of yellow blocks (which require two passes to collect) and
(requiring three passes). Later in the game, a hidden spike mine may
emerge from any yellow or red block.
Solar Wolf is free and open source, created with the Pygame
GNU LGPL 2.1
Peter "ShreadWheat" Shinners
Python 2.1 or higher
Pygame 1.5.6 or higher
- Great fun to play
- 60 levels to navigate for space boxes
- Collect power-ups including:
- Increase in the skip level timer
- Immediately evaporate all enemy fireballs from the
- Destruction of one of the four enemy ships
- Temporary shield (which only protects the ship from
- Temporary slow-animation power-up (which reduces the
speed of objects)
- An extra life
- Addictive gameplay
to Addictive Games Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, November 09 2014 @ 12:09 PM EST