SABnzdb is an open-source cross-platform binary newsreader.
It simplifies the process of downloading from Usenet significantly,
due to a friendly web-based user interface and advanced
built-in post-processing options that automatically verify, repair,
extract and clean up posts downloaded from Usenet.
SABnzbd also has a fully customizable user interface,
and offers a complete API for third-party applications to hook into.
SABnzbd uses NZB files (similar to .torrent files, but for
instead of browsing Usenet directly. NZBs can be acquired from a
variety of usenet indexing services. It tries to
offer maximum automation in downloading and post processing.
Contrary to conventional news readers, the program does not offer
news reading functionality. Instead it relies on the input of NZB
files. It is also
able to automatically read and process RSS feeds from indexing sites.
SABnzbd's goal is to be as automated as possible. SABnzbd
comes with a bunch of themes, including a brand
new Mobile Theme for Webkit-based devices (iPhone, Android, Pre).
SABnzbd runs hidden in the background and is controlled by a
web interface accessed from your browser. It currently comes with
differently themed templates to choose from.
- Picks up NZB files from a special folder
- Par2-repair and unpack to suitable folder
- Process RSS feeds from sites like nzbmatrix.com and
nzbs.org and many others
- Automatic TV season folder sorting
- Sends email on job completion
- Job priorities, individual job pausing, job renaming
- Bandwidth limiter
- Special situations
- Expanded TV/Movie sorting
- Define categories to store downloads in the right folder
- Precise folder assignment
- Web interface:
- Multiple skins
- Special Mobile device skin
- RSS Feed for history
- Queue items can be individually paused
- Queue can be temporarily paused
- HTTPS support for the Web-UI
- Usenet servers:
- SSL (secure-NNTP)
- Define multiple Usenet servers
- Scheduling of downloading
- Scheduling of servers
- Flexible server setup (scheduled on/off, optional
- Supports Indexing sites including NZBMatrix, Newzbin,
nzbs.org, binsearch.info, and tvnzb.com
- Process RSS feeds from indexing sites
- API for third party tools
- Email templates to design your own emails (including
- History will survive a full queue/admin clean and future
- Multi-language UI: English, French, Dutch, German and
Usenet Tools Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, March 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM EST