Bashrun provides a simple yet powerful application launcher.
a specialized bash session in a small terminal window, conveniently
providing bash features like tab-completion and history.
bashrun provides two basic modes of operation. If xdotool is
installed, the terminal hosting the bash session will be kept
running in the background, hidden from display. Alternatively,
a new instance is created on each invocation, immediately terminating
after running the first command.
- User configurable rules for automatically launching certain
commands in a new terminal window
- Look up manual and info pages
- Perform dict and google queries
- Define bookmarks for webpages
- Pipe command output to the clipboard
- Add new functionality by definining rules for rewriting
commandlines based on regular expression matches and file test operators
- Configurable keybindings
to Application Launchers Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 11:47 AM EDT