GLE (Graphics Layout Engine) is a high quality graphics
package for scientists, combining a user friendly interface with a full
range of facilities for producing publication quality graphs, diagrams,
posters and slides.
GLE provides LaTeX quality fonts together with a flexible
graphics module which allows the user to specify any
feature of a graph (down to the line width of the subticks,
Complex pictures can be drawn with user defined subroutines
and simple looping structures.
GLE comes with a user interface QGLE.
The strength of GLE lies in its reproducibly and in its
adaptability. Rather than a set of pixel values, a GLE diagram is
stored as a series of vector drawing instructions. A line is stored as
a line, a circle as a circle. The GLE package itself takes these
instructions and converts them into a recognisable graphic.
- Suitable for producing graphics for reports and scientific
- Lines, circles, boxes, arrows, and text
- Mathematical functions such as, sin(), cos(), log(),
- For-next loops, subroutines, variables, if-then-else
- A graph module for drawing graphs of data and functions
- Advanced graphics commands like paths, clipping, and
- Inclusion of bitmap and PostScript files
- Inclusion of other GLE files thus allowing libraries
- Outputs to graphics file formats such as Encapsulated
PostScript (EPS) or Portable Document Format (PDF)
to Plotting Tools Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, March 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM EST