Prey is a first-person shooter video game developed by Human
Head Studios and produced by 3D Realms.
The game's story is focused on Cherokee Domasi Tawodi as he,
his girlfriend, and grandfather are abducted aboard an alien spaceship
known as The Sphere as it consumes material, both inanimate and living,
from the Earth in order to sustain itself. Tommy's Cherokee past allows
him to let his spirit roam freely at times, and gives Tommy an edge in
his attempt to stop the Sphere.
You can use either the three CD-ROM version, the Collector's
Edition DVD-ROM, or a preinstalled copy of the Windows version, such as
downloaded from Steam.
The game has a Mature("M"): 17+ ESRB content rating.
Ryan Gordon (port to Linux)
Graphics card: 64MB
PulseAudio or ALSA or OSS
- Built on an enhanced Doom 3 engine
- Multiplayer deathmatch
- Portal technology adds a new dimension to gameplay,
allowing enemies to appear out of thin air and create new and
completely original puzzles and gameplay styles
- Several unique gameplay elements such as Spirit Walking,
Wall Walking, and Deathwalk
- Highly organic, living environment that itself can attack
- Deep, emotional story of love and sacrifice
- Tommy has a sidekick, a spiritual hawk that can help him
fight enemies and decipher the alien language of the living ship
- Multiplayer game support that takes advantage of the unique
gameplay styles in Prey
- PunkBuster support
to Commercial Games Home Page
Last Updated Monday, April 21 2014 @ 08:13 AM EDT