The SWORD Project
The SWORD Project is an effort to create an ever expanding
software package for research and study of God and His Word.
The SWORD Engine is a software framework that allows research
manipulation of Biblical texts. There are a number of projects that use
The SWORD Engine, including Bibletime, and GnomeSword.
Sword is a cross-platform library. It provides a common, open
module format with hundreds of texts.
- Removes the burden of designing Bible software by providing
a lot of the underlying functionality, such as:
- Verse reference parsing
- Markup format interchange
- File access
- Offers advanced features such as regular expression
searches, ICU library to access phonetic and scholarly transliteration
- Suports General Bible Format, Theological Markup Language,
and Open Scriptural Information Standard
- Add-on modules:
- Bible texts
- Dictionary in a number of different languages
- Easy to learn API
to Bible Home Page
Last Updated Friday, July 03 2015 @ 04:29 AM EDT