FreeMED is a full featured, open source Electronic
Medical Record system and Practice Administration package based on
Apache, MySQL and PHP.
The software provides an XML-RPC backend and multiple import
and export formats, as well as reporting and other features.
FreeMED has been in development since 1998.
- Web based interface
- Stores and represents its medical data as a group of
"modules", which consist of a database model and a user interfaces
- Uses external billing software called REMITT (REMITT
Electronic Medical Record Information Translation and Transmission)
- Printing system
- Patient scheduling
- PDF form templating
- HL7 interface
- XML-RPC web services
- Extensible, modular architecture
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Translations includig French, German and Japanese
to Medical Practice Management Home Page | Return
to Electronic Medical Records Home Page
Last Updated Monday, April 21 2014 @ 02:33 AM EDT