OpenEMR is an open-source electronic medical record
and medical practice management software. It includes
electronic health records, scheduling software, insurance billing,
accounting, and fine-grained access controls.
It is a free open source replacement for medical applications
such as Medical Manager, Health Pro, and Misys.
The software features support for EDI billing to
clearing houses such as MedAvant and ZirMED using ANSI X12.
OpenEMR is a "LAMP" type of web based software application.
LAMP is a software bundle that is represented by a web server
such as Apache,
as the database and PHP
as its programming language.
The software is used by medical practitioners in many
countries including Sweden, Australia, Malaysis, Kenya, Pakistan and
- Easy to install
- Easy to customize
- Medical Issues
- Forms and clinical notes:
- Vitals (growth charts included)
- SOAP note
- Review of systems
- Ability to create and customize forms
- Patient Reports
- Electronic digital document management
- Paper chart tracking
- Electronic billing (includes Medicare)
- Document management
- Integrated practice management
- Insurance tracking (3 insurances)
- Web based (Secure access with SSL certificates)
- Built in scheduler
- Multi-facility capable
- Prescriptions by printed script, fax or email
- Support for CAMOS (Computer Aided Medical Ordering System)
- Support for layout based visit forms
- Multilanguage support
Medical Practice Management Home Page | Return
to Electronic Medical Records Home Page
Last Updated Monday, December 08 2014 @ 03:47 PM EST