C.a.R. is a dynamic geometry
program simulating compass and ruler constructions.
C.a.R. means Compass and Ruler and is about constructions with
a pair of compasses and a straight edge (ruler). The software
is ideal for basic constructions but it also makes it possible to build
very complex geometrical figures.
This software is intended to be used in schools and
universities. It provides a rich graphical interface, with
web export, graphics export, macros, assignments, animations and more.
There is a comprehensive online help feature.
- Ruler and compass constructions can be changed by dragging
one of the basic
construction points. The student can check the correctness of the
construction and gain new insights
- Tracks of points and animated constructions can help to
relations. Tracks can be used as new objects to explore
- With the macros of C.a.R. very complicated constructions
Macros are also a good way to organize the geometric thinking
- Hiding construction details and using colors make
constructions clearer to
read. In C.a.R., lines and circles can also be reduced to the relevant
- Arithmetic computations, numerical solutions, curves and
functions go beyond
- Construct in 3D using
- Other geometries, hyperbolic or elliptic, can be explored.
to Geometry Software Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, April 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM EDT