Firefly Media Server
Firefly Media Server (formerly known as mt-daapd) is an
open-source media server (or daemon) for the
Roku SoundBridge and iTunes. It serves media files using Roku Server
Protocol (RSP) and Digital Audio Access Protocol (DAAP).
This software includes support for static playlists (.m3u
dynamic playlists using a script-like language, Web-based
administration, and built-in mDNS (rendezvous) advertising using
Apple's ASPL mDNS responder.
There are a number of notable Firefly clients available
(Java based) and Crossfire (web-based).
| Firefly 0.2.4.2
Free to download
to Music Servers Home Page
- Support for MP3, AAC, Ogg, FLAC, and WMA
- Support for on-the-fly transcoding of OGG, FLAC, Apple
Lossless, and WMA
- Support for Roku SoundBridge via RSP
- Web-based configuration
- Support for user-created smart playlists
- Integrates with iTunes library including reading playlists
- Supports serving streaming radio stations
Last Updated Sunday, April 26 2015 @ 05:14 AM EDT