Kolab is an open
source groupware solution. It consists of the Kolab server and a wide
variety of Kolab clients, including KDE PIM-Suite
Horde Webfrontend, Mozilla
Thunderbird and Mozilla
Lightning with SyncKolab extension and Microsoft Outlook
with proprietary Kolab-Connector PlugIns.
Kolab adds intelligent interaction between the components,
a web administration interface, management of free-busy lists and more.
Major components of the Kolab Server are OpenLDAP, Postfix, Cyrus IMAP,
SASL, and OpenSSL.
It supports mixed client environments (Outlook/KDE)
because of an open storage format. Any email client
speaking standard protocols can be served.
Kolab2 Server uses the OpenPKG environment to provide a
constant base across multiple platforms and distributions.
- Full seamless support of mixed clients environments
- Support for the K
Desktop Environment with Kontact
- Support for Microsoft Outlook with proprietary connector
- A web administration interface
- Configuration data is kept in a LDAP directory
- A global LDAP adressbook for contacts
- IMAP4rev1 as well as POP3 access to mail
- Full support for client-side PGP and S/MIME email
encryption (officially Sphinx-interoperable)
- Full support for shared calendars with IMAP ACLs
- Full support for shared contacts with IMAP ACLs
- Fully offline capable using KDE
or Microsoft Outlook
- Support for server side resource management (e.g. rooms,
- Full support for freebusy handling
to Groupware Home Page
Last Updated Thursday, September 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM EDT