Irssi is a terminal
based IRC client for UNIX systems. It also supports SILC and ICB
protocols via plugins.
Being a fullscreen, termcap based client, with many features,
Irssi is easily extensible through scripts and modules.
Unlike some text mode IRC clients, Irssi is not based on the
ircII code, and was written from scratch.
The software is written in the C programming language and in
normal operation uses a text-mode user interface.
- Autologging - will log channes, queries and special windows
- Modular Formatting and themes
- Configurable keybindings - allows users to modify
the default keybindings and create your own so you can customize your
- Paste detection - tries to detect when you are
pasting large amounts of text, by looking at the speed that characters
- Perl scripting
- Irssi-proxy - plugin which allows to bind a port
to each IRC server you are connected to
- Transparent upgrading
- Recode support
to IRC Clients Home Page | Return
to Console Based IRC Clients Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, September 08 2013 @ 10:18 AM EDT