PhpGedView is a
web-based genealogy program which allows users to view and edit their
genealogy on a website.
PhpGedView has full editing capabilities, full privacy
functions, can import data from GEDCOM files, and supports
multimedia like photos and document images.
PhpGedView also simplifies the process of collaborating with
others working on your family tree. Its use of the de facto GEDCOM
standard allows for importing data from almost any current genealogy
PhpGedView uses a theme based architecture allowing users to
have greater flexibility over the appearance of the site.
The software uses a simple table layout because it operates
primarily on GEDCOM data, and only needs to access the database
for search and retrieval.
The GEDCOM 5.5 standard supports multimedia files of all
types. Currently PhpGedView supports multimedia objects only
as external files. Multimedia embedded in the GEDCOM file itself are
PhpGedView has built-in support for multiple languages.
- Multi-user, platform-independent system, allowing for
distributed work on a family tree
- Several modes for protecting the privacy of data, such as
protecting all data from unregistered users, or protecting data
on living people from unregistered users
- Several types of reports and diagrams can be produced
- Export to PDF for viewing, storing and printing
- Fully compliant with GEDCOM 5.5
- Powerful searching features let users find the people they
- Pedigree, Descendancy, and Timeline charts just like in
a regular genealogy program.
- Customizable theme templates
- Share your genealogy with your family, friends, and the
world over the Internet
- Edit your genealogy online
- Allow your family members to login and view and/or edit
- Collaborate better with your family members by working
together on the same data set
- RSS feed
- Supports output to GRAMPS XML file format
- Extendable with modules including:
- Gallery 2
- Google Maps
- Integration modules for content management systems
to Family History Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, May 31 2014 @ 09:05 AM EDT