Palomino Flight Simulator
Palomino is a 3D flight simulator written in C++ for OpenGL.
It is designed to be an easy-to-fly casual game.
You can choose from different planes like F-15 Eagle, F-16
Falcon, F-18 Hornet, SR-71 Blackbird, F-86 Sabre, Mirage 2000 and the
SU-37 Flanker. Playabale regions are India and Nepal, the Sahara
Desert, San Francisco Bay Area, the Grand Canyon and Florida.
The game has also joystick support.
- 3D engine specialized for flight simulation based on BSP
tree and graph data structures
- Low-level graphics functions, 3D engine,
- Modules can broadcast events to listeners in other
- State-sorting by graph: Graph sorts polygons and
attributes to reduce OpenGL state changes
- Pervasive use of the Visitor design pattern (a technique
- Efficient collision-detection: BSP trees are used to
detect when a 3D object has collided into another
- 3D models: Engine can import 3D models from Blender
- Dynamically-generated terrain: Terrain model based on
heightmaps that are dynamically generated using noise functions
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, September 01 2013 @ 11:53 AM EDT