MegaMek is an open source, networked Java clone of the classic
BattleTech, a turn-based sci-fi boardgame for 2+ players. Fight using
giant robots on a hex-based map.
One player hosts a game and the rest of the players connect.
The connecting players can connect from anywhere with
a TCP/IP connection to the host, including the same computer.
MegaMek supports all the rules from the BattleTech
introductory box set, most of the rules from the Total Warfare core
rulebook, and a number of advanced rules from the Tactical Operations
rulebook and some house rules.
The game offers a simple genetic-algorithm-driven bot that
one can play against, though so far its intelligence is limited.
- Network or hotseat play for 2 or more players
- A somewhat cunning AI opponent for offline play
- Choice of ground, atmosphere, or space combat, using Total
- Many of the optional rules and technology from Tactical
Operations, including advanced terrain and planetary conditions
- Map board selection and editing
- Map boards based off official map packs included
- Mech selection and support for some mech editors
- Most official mech designs included
- Colourful graphics
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, November 29 2014 @ 06:38 AM EST