Glaurung is a free chess engine.
It is not a complete chess program, but uses the UCI
(Universal Chess Interface)
for chess engines as its communication protocol. Therefore to play
against the engine,
you either need to use a UCI capable interface (such as
knights) or an xboard adaptor such as polyglot.
Glaurung is a very strong chess engine, finishing 4th
place at internatonal ChessWar X.
GNU GPL v3
UCI capable interface (e.g. xboard)
to Chess Home Page
- Very strong and versatile engine
- Supports up to 8 CPUs with parallel search
- Support for PolyGlot's opening books
- MultiPV mode
- Space evaluation, which makes the engine play more actively
and aggressively, particular in the opening
- Aggressive pruning in the last few plies of the main search
Last Updated Sunday, March 16 2014 @ 05:37 AM EST