Jin is an open source, cross platform, graphical client for
chess servers, written in Java.
It currently supports the Internet Chess Club (chessclub.com)
and the Free Internet Chess Server (freechess.org), but is designed to
to support any chess server. The software allows chatting, playing
chess and supports most of the features of both servers.
Jin can be run as a regular standalone application, or as an
applet in a web browser.
- Graphical chess board with many board patterns and piece
sets to choose from. You can also create your own patterns and pieces
- Chat/Command console with (customizable) color-coding for
different types of chat/text
- A seek graph, showing the currently sought games in a
- Flexible game logger, which saves your finished games to
your hard disk (not available in JinApplet)
- A scripter, which allows you to define automatic responses
to certain events
- A list of common actions, which can be quickly executed at
the press of a button
to Chess Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, March 16 2014 @ 05:34 AM EST