Newsbeuter is an
innovative RSS feed reader for the text console.
It supports OPML import/exports, HTML rendering, podcast
(podbeuter), offline reading, searching and storing articles to the
filesystem, and many more features.
Its user interface is coherent, easy to use, and might look
users of mutt and slrn.
Newsbeuter caches the article that it downloads. This means
that when you start newsbeuter again and reload a feed, the old
articles can still be read even if they aren't in the current RSS feeds
The name Newsbeuter is a pun on the German word "Wildbeuter",
which means "hunter-gatherer".
| Newsbeuter 2.8
Free to download
MIT/X Consortium License
Andreas Krennmair and contributors
STFL 0.19 or higher
SQLite 3.5 or higher
- Subscribe to RSS 0.9x, 1.0, 2.0 and Atom feeds
- Podcast support
- Configure keyboard shortcuts
- Search through all downloaded articles
- Categorize and query subscriptions with a flexible tag
- Integrate any data source through a flexible filter and
- Automatically remove unwanted articles through a "killfile"
- Define "meta feeds" using a powerful query language
- Synchronize newsbeuter with a bloglines.com account
- Import and exporting your subscriptions with the widely
used OPML format
- Freely define newsbeuter's look'n'feel through free color
configurability and format strings
- Colour customization
- Handles multiple character sets and languages
- Use external URL viewer
- Tiny Tiny RSS support
- Internationalization support
to News Aggregators Home Page
Last Updated Thursday, April 03 2014 @ 11:50 AM EST