Jabbim is a client
communication for the XMPP/Jabber protocol, written in the Python
language using Qt, PyQt and Pyxl library, which is a part of the client.
The aim of the Jabbim client is to make Jabber approachable
for everyone, so
it designed to be a client for common users and beginners.
Jabbim can also be used to connect to conventional Jabber
servers as well as
Google Talk service.
Jabbim also offers access to the closed networks like MSN,
AIM, Yahoo! IM, ICQ, Gadu-Gadu as well as to the IRC.
| Jabbim 0.5.1
Free to download
GNU GPL v2
The Jabbim Team
- Tabbed chat window
- Application and chat themes
- Graphical emoticons
- Visual and sound notifications
- Message formatting (XHTML-IM)
- Typing notifications
- File transfer
- Advanced groupchat support with room administration and
- Groupchat bookmarks and auto-join.
- Dedicated groupchat browser
- Service discovery browser
- Privacy lists
- Ad-Hoc Commands support to control remote clients and
- Extended statuses (User Tune, User Mood, User Activity,
- Plugins to extend functionality
- JGames - games over Jabber
- JDM Plugin - Jabbim disk manager
- EasyShare offering easy filesharing
- ICQ Responder
- TLS encryption
to Instant Messaging Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, September 08 2013 @ 12:02 PM EDT