LAME is a program
which can be used to create compressed audio
files. These audio files can be played back by popular mp3 players
such as mp3blaster.
LAME is an educational tool to be used for learning about MP3
encoding. The goal of the LAME project is to use the open source model
to improve the psycho acoustics, noise shaping and speed of MP3.
LAME originally stood for LAME
Ain't an Mp3 Encoder.
- MPEG1,2 and 2.5 layer III encoding
- CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of variable bitrate,
VBR and ABR
- Encoding engine can be compiled as a shared library
- Free format encoding and decoding
- Many improvements in quality in speed over ISO reference
- GPSYCHO: a GPL'd psycho acoustic and noise shaping model
- Powerful and easy to use presets
- Quality better than all other encoders at most bitrates
- Fast! Encodes faster than real time on a PII 266 at
highest quality mode
- MP3x: a GTK/X-Window MP3 frame analyzer for both .mp3 and
unencoded audio files
to Console Multimedia Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, March 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM EST