searches and downloads BBC iPlayer TV/Radio, BBC Podcast, ITVplayer
TV programmes, and Hulu.com TV.
get_iplayer is a Perl
script which has three modes: downloading
a complete programme
for later playback; streaming a programme directly to a playback
application, such as MPlayer;
and as a Personal Video Recorder (PVR),
subscribing to search terms and downloading programmes automatically.
If given no arguments get_iplayer updates and displays the
list of currently available BBC TV programmes.
Each available programme has a numerical identifier, pid.
downloads BBC iPlayer programmes by pretending to be an iPhone, which
means that some programmes in the list are unavailable for download.
In PVR mode, get_iplayer can be called from cron to
download programmes to a schedule.
Free to download
GNU GPL v3
mplayer and lame (for RealAudio Radio)
rtmpdump (flash audio/video)
- Search, index and download/stream
- BBC iPlayer TV - H.264/Quicktime/mov and Flash/AVI
- BBC iPlayer Radio (Local and National) - 128 kb/s MP3 and
- BBC Podcasts - 128 kb/s MP3 or AAC
- BBC iPlayer TV subtitles - SubRip/srt
- ITV player Catch-up or classic TV - WMV/ASF
- Hulu.com Closed-captions/subtitles - SubRip/srt
- Uses rtmpdump to download high quality Flash download
versions for TV and radio
- Stream a programme in MPlayer
or not downloading it to disk
- Download subtitles
- PVR capabilities
to Console Multimedia Home Page
Last Updated Monday, August 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM EDT