VirtueMart (formerly known as mambo-phpShop) is an Open
Source e-Commerce solution to be used
together with Joomla!
Content Management Systems (CMS).
VirtueMart is written in PHP and requires the MySQL database environment for
storage. It is designed for low to medium level traffic web sites.
VirtueMart offers a large feature set, some of which are
listed below. Its functionality can
be extended using plugins, components, templates and modules, allowing
the software to be customized for a particular shop.
VirtueMart has a very active community.
to eCommerce Home Page
- Can use Secure Sockets Layer Encryption (128-bit)
- Flexible Tax Models
- Shoppers can manage their User Accounts (registration
- Shipping Address Management
- Order History: Shopper can view all their previous Orders
(and Order Details)
- Order Confirmation Mail (customizable) is sent to Shopper
and Store Owner
- Multiple Currencies (you can allow Customers to change the
Currency and buy using an alternative Currency)
- Multiple Languages (using the Joomla! Component Joom!Fish
- Powerful Web-Administration Interface
- Manages an unlimited Number of Products and Categories
- Can be used as a Shop or just as an Online-Catalog
- Quick Search for products, categories and manufacturers;
filter by features or discounted Products
- Product ratings & testimonials (moderated or
- Feature specific products by setting them "on special"
- Product availability
- Handles downloadable Products (virtual Goods)
- "Product is back in Stock" - Notification for subscribed
- Multiple images and files per product
- Product attributes (like size or colour) can be added to
- Product types for classification (like "car", "motorbike"
or "music album")
- Shopper groups for customers (allows different price Levels
and payment options)
- Multiple prices per product (Quantity-based and/or shopper
- Flexible price display (number & currency
formatting; including or excluding tax)
- On-the-Fly price conversion between different currencies
using Live Rates from the European Central Bank or other banks
- Shop Statistics / Control Panel with a summary of new
customers, new orders....
- Stock level control for products and item
- Order management with order history, customer notification
and order edit functionality
- Basic reporting feature: sold items, monthly/yearly revenue
- Order status management
- Manage different currencies, countries & states
- Capable of live Credit Card Processing
- Pre-defined Payment Gateways like:
- Flexible Shipping Carriers and Rates Configuration
Rates using Shipping Modules (e.g. InterShipper, UPS, USPS, FedEx or
Canada Post; Modules can use the Shipping Rate API)
- Extend your Shop with other Shipping Modules using the
Payment and Shipping Module API