(pronounced "Blossom") is a lightweight yet feature-packed weblog
application designed from the ground up with simplicity, usability, and
interoperability in mind.
Fundamental is its reliance upon the
file system, folders and files as its content database. Blosxom's
weblog entries are plain text files. Write from the
comfort of your favorite text editor and hit the save button. Create,
edit, rename, and delete entries on the command-line, via FTP, WebDAV,
or anything else you might use to manipulate your files. All
of the weblog entries are stored as plain text files consisting of
a headline, optional headers or meta-information (if using certain
plugins), and a blank line followed by the post body.
Despite its tiny footprint, Blosxom does not skimp on
features, sporting the majority of
features one would find in any other Weblog application. Additionally,
Blosxom 2 includes support for plugins, and threefore
has extensive customization.
Blosxom is simple, straightforward, minimalist Perl
affording even the
dabbler an opportunity for experimentation and customization.
to Blog Software Home Page
- Write from the comfort of your favourite text editor
- Multiple Weblogs with only one Blosxom installation
- Customizable template system
- Dynamic (on-the-fly) or static (spitting out regular
files) rendering of your blog.
- Permalinks point to (aka bookmark) a particular story in
the context of its posting day
- By-day, by-month, and by-year "archives"
- RSS syndication
- Small and lightweight
- Powerful plugin system for additional functionality
Last Updated Saturday, April 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM EDT