4Pane is a four pane
detailed-list file manager.
It is designed to be fully-featured without bloat, and aims
for speed rather than visual effects. In addition to standard file
manager functionality, it offers advanced features such as multiple
undo and redo of most operations (including deletions), archive
management including 'virtual browsing' inside archives, multiple
renaming/duplication of files, a terminal emulator, and user-defined
Directories and files are displayed in separate panes.
pairs of these twin-panes are displayed at a time, allowing easy
It is targeted at users who want the increased information
list-view provides, and the ease of navigation that you get with a
separate directory pane.
- Highly configurable
- Standard file manager actions
- Multiple renaming / duplication of files
- Undo and Redo
- Archive management; Create and extract gzip, bzip2 and zip
- Browse archives
- Mount devices including DVD drives and USB keys
- Extensible; create user-defined tools
to File Managers Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, July 25 2015 @ 04:47 AM EDT