ZSNES is an emulator
of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
ZSNES allows you to play classic games written for the Super
Nintendo (SNES) game console. It supports advanced features such as
multiplayer gameplay over a TCP/IP network.
It can run most of the SNES games at full speed with sound and
special graphic filters.
ZSNES is largely written in Intel x86 assembly language, which
helps to make the emulator very efficient.
It was the first emulator to implement the HQ2X interpolation
algorithm as well as being the first emulator to offer any
sort of support for the DSP-3 signal processor chip.
- Mode 7
- Super FX
- Support for smoothing and dynamic image scaling
- Support for rewinding and fast-forwarding in-game
- The ability to record and capture the console's sound
output to a file, saving to the SPC700 sound format (.SPC)
- Built-in support for Game Genie, Pro Action Replay, and
GoldFinger cheat codes
- JMA compression format
- The ability to play multiplayer games with another person
- Change the appearance of the GUI
- Take screenshots of currently running games
- "Save" the game at any point by recording the console's
state; commonly referred to as a "savestate"
- Record movies of gameplay which can be played back
to Video Console Emulators Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, August 03 2014 @ 12:36 PM EDT