Mednafen is a
portable, utilizing OpenGL and SDL, argument (command-line)-driven
multi-system emulator with many advanced features.
It emulates the Atari Lynx, GameBoy (Color), GameBoy Advance,
Neo Geo Pocket (Color), NES, PC Engine (TurboGrafx 16), PC-FX,
SuperGrafx, and WonderSwan (Color).
Save states are supported, as is real-time game rewinding.
snapshots may be taken at the press of a button, and are saved in the
popular PNG file format.
Due to the threaded model of emulation used in Mednafen, and
limitations of SDL, a joystick is preferred over a keyboard to play
games, as the joystick will have slightly less latency, although the
latency differences may not be perceptible to most people.
- Double-buffered video, enabled by default
- Multi-threaded video blitting, allowing for a kind of
software triple-buffering, and improving performance on SMP systems
- Joystick support
- Extremely versatile input configuration system; assign
multiple physical buttons to a virtual button or action
- Full-screen modes
- Save states
- Real-time game rewinding, up to 10 seconds
- Screen snapshots, saved in PNG format
- Loading games from gzip and (pk)zip compressed archives
to Video Console Emulators Home Page
Last Updated Thursday, November 08 2012 @ 06:26 PM EST