is a vector based 2D animation package. It is designed to be capable of
producing feature-film quality animation.
The software eliminates the need for
tweening, preventing the need to hand-draw each frame.
Synfig can be used for all aspects of the production
of animations except story-boarding and editing. It has a powerful
compositing system which allows users to add all sorts of special
effects and shading directly in the software while maintaining spacial
temporal resolution independence.
Synfig stores its animations in a non-standard
xml-based-format, which includes natively vector graphics and
additionally raster graphics, referenced to external stored bitmaps.
- Standard tools for freehand drawing: Draw shapes, select
colours, fill areas etc
- Spatial resolution-independence
- Temporal resolution independence - use of keyframes to
reduce the workload
- Pentablet-friendly tools
- Path-based Gradients
- Supports a multitude of layers of various types; geometric,
gradients, filters, distortions, transformations, fractal and a few
- Simulating soft-shading using curved gradients within an
- Wide variety of real-time effects which are added via layers
- Control and animate the width of lines
- Link any related data from one object to another
- Saves to animated graphic formats like MNG and GIF
- Output targets include JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PPM, DV,
OpenEXR, ffmpeg (MPEG1), libavcodec (AVI), imagemagick (MIFF), yuv420p,
MNG and others
to Graphics Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, November 29 2014 @ 05:51 AM EST