Diakonos is a customizable, usable console-based text editor.
It has the aim of being easier to configure and use than
emacs, more powerful than pico and nano,
and not as cryptic as vi or ex.
uses the standard Macintosh/Windows key bindings (Ctrl-C to copy,
Ctrl-V to paste, Ctrl-O to open a file, Ctrl-S to save etc), instead of
the more idiosyncratic key combinations used by many other
console-based editors including vi.
Easy to use and easy to configure, but potent in the hands of
power users. This software is billed as a Linux editor for the masses.
Diakonos is dependent on Ruby, an object-oriented programming
| Diakonos 0.9.2
Free to download
Ruby >= 1.8.2
- Scripting in any language
- Macro recording and playback
- Multi-element clipboard
- Multi-level undo
- Parsed ("smart") indentation
- Customizable multilingual syntax highlighting, with support
- Bookmarking, named and unnamed
- Regular expression searching
- Customizable status line
- Limited ctags support
to Editors Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, March 16 2014 @ 02:52 AM EST