getmail is a flexible, extensible mail retrieval system.
getmail is a mail retriever designed to allow you to get your
mail from one or more mail accounts on various mail servers to your
local machine for reading with a minimum of fuss. getmail is designed
to be secure, flexible, reliable, and easy-to-use. getmail is designed
to replace other mail retrievers such as fetchmail.
Getmail can use mail filtering software such as SpamAssassin
or ClamAV to scan the mails.
getmail is written in Python,
and is therefore easy to
customize or extend.
to Email Home Page
- Simple to install, configure and use
- Retrieves mail from POP3, IMAP4 with or without SSL, SDPS
(Demon UK's extensions to POP3)
- Supports simple and domain (multidrop) mailboxes
- Supports a wide variety of mail destination types including
maildr, mboxrd, and external mail delivery agents
- Mail filtering using a standalone program
- Native safe and reliable delivery support for maildirs
and mboxrd files, in addition to delivery through arbitrary external
message delivery agents (MDAs)
- Does not destroy information by rewriting mail headers
- Does not cause mail loops by doing SMTP injection, and
therefore does not require that you run an MTA (like qmail or sendmail)
on your host
Last Updated Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 02:07 PM EST