known as Democracy Player) is a platform for Internet television and
It allows you to download and watch videos from RSS feeds
(including podcasts, video blogs, and BitTorrent feeds).
The application is designed to mesh with other Participatory
Culture Foundation products
such as Video Bomb, a social tagging video website, and the Channel
Channel, a TV guide for internet television.
Miro is built to be as open as possible – open
open-standards, compatible with any host that provides video rss, open
to alternate channel guides, and able to search multiple video sites.
It is targeted at average, unsophisticated Internet users with
It is written in Python and GTK+.
- Watch full screen HD video
- Plays virtually any type of video files including MPEG,
AVI, XVID, Quicktime, WMV and many more
- Access to free high definition content
- Subscribe to over 2,500 free channels, video RSS feeds,
podcast, and video blogs with 1-Click Subscribe Buttons
- Download and save videos from YouTube, Google Video,
Dailymotion and others
- Download BitTorrent files
- Video Playlists
- Channel and Playlist Folders
- Thumbnail creation
- Auto Expire Video
- Disk Management
- Miro Guide
- Organise your video collection
to Video Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, September 07 2013 @ 10:55 AM EDT