SooperLooper is a
live looping sampler capable of immediate loop recording, overdubbing,
multiplying, reversing and more.
It allows for multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops
limited only by your computer's available memory. The feature-set and
operation was inspired by the impressive Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro
When used with a low-latency audio configuration SooperLooper
is capable of truly realtime live performance looping.
The application is a standalone JACK client with an engine
controllable via OSC and MIDI. It also includes a GUI which
communicates with the engine via OSC (even over a network) for
user-friendly control on a desktop.
- Multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops limited only by
- Record, manually triggered, or via input threshold
- Overdub for adding more audio on top of existing loop
- Multiply, allows increasing loop length by repeating the
initial loop beneath (include MultiInrease option)
- Feedback control allows gradual loop fading, active during
overdub/multiply and optionally during playback
- Replace audio in loop with new material
- Insert new audio into existing loop
- Substitute audio in loop with new material, while hearing
- Reverse loop playback (even during overdub) at any time, or
quantized to loop or cycle boundaries
- Trigger loop playback from start at any time, also supports
OneShot triggering which will play the loop once then mute.
- Mute the loop output at anytime
- Undo/Redo allows nearly unlimited undo and redo to previous
- Rate Shift allows arbitrary rate change of loop from 1/4 to
- Works anytime, even during loop record.
- Save/Load loops in WAV format
- Scratch feature allows DJ-like position scratching
- Tempo syncable to MIDI clock, JACK transport, manual or tap
tempo, or existing loops.
- Sync Quantize operations to divisions defined by the tempo,
and/or existing loops.
- Sync Playback can retrigger automatically to maintain
external sync during playback
- SUS (Momentary) operation available for all commands for
easy realtime granular
- Crossfading applied to prevent clicks on loop or edit
operation boundaries (crossfade length is adjustable)
- Peak metering for all inputs and outputs
- MIDI Bindings are arbitarily definable and can be
configured to emulate existing setup (EDP, etc)
- Key Bindings are arbitarily definable for the GUI
- OSC Interface provides the ultimate network-transparent
control of the engine
to Audio Home Page
Last Updated Friday, February 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM EST