Wurm Online is a community-centric Massively multiplayer
online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed
in Java. The game tries to emulate real life in a
medieval fantasy setting.
On Wurm, play is unique. You can elect to play on a Home
Server. This is the colonist way of life, a life of building, crafting,
developing societies. Wurm Online allows you to not just look at a
beautiful world, but to create one. You can dig the land, terraforming
to your design - shovel full by shovel full! You can build houses, farm
crops and hunt and fish to feed you and your community. Dig deep,
spectacular mines to find Iron and Copper, and even Silver and Gold.
And you can build villages, protect them with walls and guards against
the hungry beasts that roam the forests.
Or travel to a Wild Server. Here, life is not so peaceful. You
alone, and others here may not be of your kingdom and will want what
you have! Raid them before they raid you! To help, Ores are of higher
quality than on a homes server to enable you to make the highest
quality weapons and armour. But not everything is easy here - you may
wish to trade with your kingdoms home server for food and other items
that you do not have time to make on Wild.
- World consists of two mountainous landmasses with lots of
inland lakes and few islands
- Fully deformable landscape
- 3D graphics
- Time based
- Full Player vs Player but there can be penalties on certain
- Possible to steal from other players in the game but
players do protect their money
- All items are built using natural materials
- Major events and accomplishments are recorded so players'
actions actually write the history of the game
- Players set goals instead of following linear quests
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, May 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM EDT