Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (MOHAA) is a first-person
shooter (FPS) computer game.
The game, based on the Quake III Arena engine with
modifications from Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K., simulates infantry combat in
the European and North African Theaters during World War II.
In the game the player takes on the role of Lt. Mike Powell of
the United States Army Rangers who works for the OSS.
Single player missions include assaulting German bases in
Algiers and Norway, storming Omaha Beach on D-Day, and rescuing
comrades behind enemy lines in occupied France.
Medal of Honor Allied Assault gives players a sense of the
courage it took to survive the landings at Normandy, the assault at
Arzew, a rendezvous with the Resistance outside the village of St. Lo,
and the push through the heavily defended border of Germany itself to
take the bridge at Remagen.
As an aside, OpenMoHAA
is an attempt at creating a free game engine capable of
running Medal of Honor: Allied Assault content, based on the ioquake3
- Battle through over 20 levels based on historical military
campaigns of World War II
- 22 different enemies including Gestapo officers
- Over 21 historically accurate World War II era weapons
- 3D worlds powered by the Quake III engine
- Interactive vehicles including the M4 Sherman tank and the
M3 Half Trac
- Weather and time-of-day effects
- Multiple online options
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, May 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM EDT