DEFCON is an online, competitive, multiplayer strategy game
based around the theme of global thermonuclear war.
The game, inspired by the 1983 cult-classic Wargames, superbly
evokes the tension, paranoia and suspicion surrounding the Cold War
The player undertakes the role of a General hidden deep within
an underground bunker, his mission being to successfully exterminate
the enemy’s civilian population whilst simultaneously disabling the
enemy’s ability to retaliate. Desperate attempts must be made to form
fast, tactical alliances - alliances that may at any moment break-down
to become treacherous and very deadly betrayals.
In DEFCON, players are given a dehumanised 1980s vector
graphics computer-themed world map, a varied arsenal of nuclear and
conventional weaponry, and a primary objective: destroying as much of
the enemy's population as possible while having as little of one's own
population destroyed as possible.
Start by launching battleships, subs and bombers in order to
decimate your opponents defences. Scramble together your alliances but
remember only one can stand victorious.
Prepare your pre-emptive strike before one of your supposed
the same idea. Choose the perfect moment to obliterate your opponents
with an apocalyptic thermonuclear barrage, but get it wrong, and their
devastating counter attack will bring you to your knees!
- Internet and LAN multiplayer mode with up to 6 players.
- Single player mode - vs AI CPU players.
- Alliance system - Allows the formation and termination of
teams in game and on the fly - reminiscent of Cold War paranoia.
- Game modes - 5 pre-programmed game scenarios including:
- Speed Defcon: It's all over in 15 minutes - instinctive
- Diplomacy: All players start in the same alliance - how
long will it last?
- Big World: The world is twice as large - for those who
like a long game
- Built-in multiplayer chat and game spectator system
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, September 01 2013 @ 06:48 AM EDT