PDFedit allows users
complete control of editing PDF documents.
It is primary created for simple editing and
manipulation of documents in PDF format. There is a graphical
and command line interface available.
The software lets you change either raw PDF objects
(for advanced users) or use predefined GUI functions. Functions can be
easily added as everything is based on a scripts.
Scripting is used to a great extent in the editor and almost
anything can be scripted. It is also possible to create your own
plugins to enhance the functionality of the package.
PDFedit is a low-level application for technical users that
provides structured access to the internal structure of the PDF file.
It may require familiarity with PDF specifications to be able to make
- Console and graphical interface
- Console - useful for typing in scripts and macros
- Graphical - window is divided into 5 basic parts: Menu,
Toolbars, Command part, Page space and Objects tree + property editor
- Manipulate PDF documents in a number of ways
- Add pages from another PDF
- Text editing: add, delete text, change colour, size and
- Revision control
- Simple drawing, lines, rectangles, layer control
- Page rotation, text extraction
to PDF Tools Home Page
PDFedit also features in our 'Linux
Equivalents to Windows Software' section. The category
selector below allows you to filter the different types of software
in that separate article.
Last Updated Monday, July 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM EDT