Kobo Deluxe is a third person scrolling 2D shooter with a
simple and responsive control system - which you will need to tackle
the tons of enemy ships that shoot at you, chase you, circle around you
shooting, or even launch other ships at you, while you are trying to
destroy the labyrinth shaped bases.
Kobo Deluxe is an enhanced version of Akira Higuchi's game
XKobo. XKobo itself is a descendant of Namco's old 'Bosconian', which
considered as part of the 'Galaxian'/'Galaga' family of space
Kobo Deluxe has an improved graphics engine that delivers
smoother animation, while keeping the game logic totally
accurate and predictable regardless of frame rate. It also adds sound
effects, new graphics, fullscreen mode, four extra
skill levels with smoother gameplay and various other features expected
from a modern game.
(There is still a "Classic" mode that plays exactly like the
There are 50 action packed levels with smoothly increasing
difficulty, and different combinations of enemies that require
different tactics to be dealt with successfully. It offers loads of
classical arcade style fun.
Kobo Deluxe uses SDL for sound, graphics and input. It can
also use OpenGL for accelerated rendering through glSDL.
- Fast paced retro arcade style gameplay
- Smooth, high speed 8-way scrolling
- Very simple controls - the game is about speed and strategy
- 14 different enemies; fighter ships, kamikaze attackers,
proxy bombs and more
- 50 maps, each with it's own feel and strategies to figure
- Maps are built as you enter them - each game is unique!
- Structured audio technology - hi-fi sound in a tiny download
- OpenGL support for extremely fast and smooth animation
- High resolution support up to 2560x1600 - five types of
- Supports any display color depth - dithering for 15 and 16
- Supports control by keyboard, mouse or joystick
- Runs on pretty much any hardware and operating system
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, November 30 2014 @ 03:50 AM EST