Spring has the ambitious aim of creating the best
ever Real-time strategy, a strategic game that is distinctly not
turn-based. It sets out to bring the gameplay experience of Total
Annihilation (TA) into three dimensions.
Games are played using one of a number of mods. The standard
installation comes with a range of prepackaged mods, some which
requires that one own a copy of TA to legally play them, and other Free
Content mods which may be used free of charge without owning a copy of
TA. Most are based upon and use content from the original TA, including
most widely played mods: Balanced Annihilation, Complete Annihilation,
Spring is designed to be used for online multiplayer matches.
It uses a
deterministic game simulation which is executed on all game clients.
- Large battles limited only by the power of your computer;
support for up to 5000 units
- Large, highly detailed maps in which to wage those battles,
fully 3D with deformable terrain, forest fires, dynamic and reflective
water, and custom skyboxes
- Several camera modes, allowing for anything to be viewed
from almost any angle.
- Fully 3D combat in land, sea, and air, with realistic
- Many different mods, some of them originally from Total
Annihilation, and some made just for Spring
- Compatible with unit files from Total Annihilation,
allowing 3rd party units to easily be moved into Spring
- Complex 3rd party AIs, some of which are quite good
- An extremely powerful GUI, designed to minimise unneccesary
- Frequent additions and bugfixes
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, July 26 2015 @ 03:52 AM EDT