Armagetron Advanced is a multiplayer game in 3D that attempts
to emulate and expand on the lightcycle sequence from the Disney movie
from 1982 called "Tron". If you
ever wanted to take a try at one of those speed demons features in the
movie, this is your chance.
The rules are simple: you ride a light cycle (a kind of
motorbike that can only turn 90 degrees at a time, leaves a wall behind
cannot be stopped) and have to avoid running into walls while at the
same time you have to try to get your opponent to run into them.
Armagetron Advanced can be played against AI opponents,
humans over the network, or a mixture of both.
Armagetron Advanced works on the unique concept that a cycle
can only accelerate by riding on another player's wall. The closer you
are to a
player's wall, the faster your cycle will accelerate. Brakes are
provided, but they are disabled on many servers. Your cycle turns in
right angles, typically, and leaves a long wall behind it wherever it
goes. With this in mind, let's talk about movement.
| Armagetron Advanced
Dave Fancella, Fred, Jochen Darley, Peter, Kurt
Luke-Jr, Daniel Harple, Philippe Villeneuve, Mathias Plichta, Manuel
10MB of RAM
600MHz PII or greater
Help and Guide, Noderunner,
- Grid Games
- Game Variations
- Death Match: Last man standing.
- Team Death Match: Cooperate with teammates.
- Fortress: Capture the enemy base. This game can be played
with teams or death match style.
- Sumo: The object is to stay in a zone while trying to
force the opponent out.
- Race: Race to the win zone at the end of the map.
- Maze: Find a path to the win zone.
- Pig Sty:
- Shooting: A team death match where the object is to
try to shoot the other team's players with death zones.
- Ball: A team match where the object is to score a
goal by pushing the ball zone into the goal zone.
- Capture the Flag: Capture the opponents' flag And
respawn players once they have died.
- Capture The Flag Shooting: Capture the opponents'
flag while shooting and respawn player once they have died
- Chat Features
- Support for moviepacks, downloadable packages that
completely change the look of the game
to Games Home Page
Last Updated Friday, April 24 2015 @ 07:13 AM EDT