AVG Free for Linux is a commercial-grade antivirus product. It
can be used on a single computer and is intended for private,
non-commercial use only.
AVG Free can be run entirely from the command prompt but there
a graphical front end available. Using the command line offers some
extras such as creating a report file, while updates are easy to apply
and can be scheduled.
The graphical user interface is both efficient and simple, and it can
be used even by inexperienced Linux system users.
- Advanced virus detection methods (heuristic analysis,
generic detection, scanning) designed to provide maximum virus
- Scheduled and on-demand scanning of folders, files, and
common archive types
- Rapid virus database updates for the lifetime of the product
- Small update files that do not drain system resources
- Automatic update functionality
- AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows users to perform
scheduled and manual tests
- High quality manual
to Security Home Page | Return
to Closed-Source Home Page
Last Updated Monday, February 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM EST