SSL Explorer Community Edition
SSL-Explorer is a fully-featured, web-based SSL VPN server.
This practicable remote access security solution includes SSL
intranet website proxying, access to multiple file systems and
application launching/tunneling through a standard browser.
It is designed to be installed upon a standalone server and allows a
to connect remotely to internal corporate resources such as intranet
websites, network file shares, ‘fat client’ applications and other data
via a regular web browser.
This project is no longer actively maintained as the
SSL-Explorer technology has now been acquired by Barracuda Networks,
to Security Home Page
- Granular policy-based rights management
- Users authenticated via multiple user databases including
the built-in database and Active Directory
- Peer reviewable source code available under GPL license
- Multiple authentication mechanisms, e.g. personalized
- Protection from SQL injection attacks
- Buffer overflow exploit risks mitigated through use of Java
- Supports access through HTTP or SOCKS proxy
- Local and remote tunneling via SSL
- Session inactivity timeouts
- Web application URL masking
Last Updated Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 02:22 PM EST