Tcpreplay is a set of tools written which gives you the
ability to use previously captured traffic in libpcap format to test a
variety of network devices.
It allows you to classify traffic as client or server, rewrite
Layer 2, 3 and 4 headers and finally replay the traffic back onto the
network and through other devices such as switches, routers, firewalls,
NIDS and IPS's.
Tcpreplay supports both single and dual NIC modes for testing
both sniffing and inline devices.
to Security Home Page
- Uses the open standard pcap file format for which dozens of
command line and GUI utilities exist
- Includes the following tools:
- tcpprep - multi-pass pcap file pre-processor which
determines packets as client or server and creates cache files used by
tcpreplay and tcprewrite
- tcprewrite - pcap file editor which rewrites TCP/IP and
Layer 2 packet headers
- tcpreplay - replays pcap files at arbitrary speeds onto
- tcpbridge - bridge two network segments with the power of
- flowreplay - emulates a network client using a pcap file
as the basis of a TCP or UDP connection
Last Updated Wednesday, April 02 2014 @ 02:28 PM EST