Gourmet Recipe Manager
Manager is a manager, editor, and organizer for recipes
intended for the GNOME
desktop environment (although it does not need
all of the GNOME
libraries to run).
It currently has support for MealMaster and MasterCook import,
including 1 and 2 column MealMaster recipes and plain text and XML
In addition to allowing you to edit, import, search and
categorize recipes, Gourmet generates shopping lists sorted by
category. It has a simple mechanism for allowing you to designate
"pantry" items that you already have and don't need to buy, which will
gourmet will remember between sessions.
Gourmet can also calculate nutritional information for
- Simple searching and sorting
- Clear display of recipes and nutritional information, with
individual recipes opening in their own windows, just like recipe cards
drawn out of a recipe box.
- Easy recipe editing
- A keyed ingredient list which allows searches and
generation to understand synonyms (like aubergine and eggplant) and
ignore ingredient descriptions (i.e. to treat "tomatoes, finely
chopped" as "tomatoes" for the purpose of searching and generating
- An intuitive spreadsheet-like editing interface
- An alternative, fast form-like ingredient entering
allows you to easily type ingredient lists without looking at the
- Drag-n-drop support for importing ingredient lists from
your web browser or other application.
- Support for pasting ingredient lists in from your
- Support for grouping ingredients within a recipe
- Support for calling another recipe as an ingredient.
(Note: this allows you to use a recipe as a menu!)
- Support for optional ingredients
- Import and export from various formats
- Import: Mealmaster, MasterCook text and XML,
Gourmet XML, Websites such as epicurious and recipezaar, and
unformatted plain text files
- Export: Mealmaster, Rich Text Format, Plain
Text, Recipe Web pages, and Gourmet XML
- A shopping list creator and organizer
Last Updated Sunday, May 17 2015 @ 08:48 AM EDT