Scribes is a text
editor for GNOME
that focuses on streamlining your workflow.
It does so by ensuring common and repetitive operations are
intelligently automated, and also by eliminating factors that prevent
the user from focusing on his or her tasks.
Scribes does not try to be a complicated integrated
development environment (IDE), or a pseudo IDE. Instead, Scribes
focuses exclusively on powerful text processing and manipulation.
Scribes is a spatial and document-centric application.
Consequently, it is not designed to use tabbed windows.
| Scribes 0.4-dev
Free to download
GNU GPL v2
D-Bus 0.70 (Python bindings)
GNOME Pyhton 2.12
GNOME Python Desktop 2.12
GNOME Python Extras 2.12
- Extensible via Python
- Remote editing (ftp, sftp, ssh, samba, webdav, webdavs)
- Automatic word completion
- Automatic correction and replacement
- Automatic pair character completion and smart insertion
- Automatic indentation
- Powerful text processing and manipulation functions
- Bookmarks and smart navigation
- Document Switcher
- Syntax colors for over 30 languages
to Editors Home Page
Scribes also features in our 'Linux
Equivalents to Windows Software' section. The category
selector below allows you to filter the different types of software
included in that separate article.
Last Updated Sunday, November 03 2013 @ 07:24 AM EST