'Q' DVD-Author is
GUI frontend for dvdauthor and
The goal is to provide an
easy-to-use, yet powerful and complete interface
to generate DVD menus, slideshows, and videos to
burn on a DVD.
DVD-Author uses one of three tools to convert the input video:
video-to-DVD, a script from the videotrans project; transcode; and
The software has been translated into German, Italian,
French, Spanish, Polish, and Esperanto. It comes with a built-in
library of approximately 200 objects such as buttons and frames, and
offers 22 templates.
DVD authoring describes the process of
creating a DVD video that can be played on a DVD player. DVD authoring
software must conform to the specifications set by the DVD Forum group
- Use a simple Template dialog to create your menus
- Convert the whole project from PAL to NTSC and from NTSC to
- Generate the main menu.
- Generate Sub Menus.
- Create Subtitles for your videos.
- Transcode your input videos.
- Apply multiple audio streams to the input videos.
- Generate Buttons.
- Scale, color, stretch, twist and shout each object.
- Give each menu multiple sound tracks.
- Generate a dvd-slideshow.
- Create a full blown DVD without knowing the command line
- Modify every generated command before executing and
generating the DVD.
- Create animated menus (moving stuff around).
- Generate MovieMenus.
- Generate MovieButtons
to Video Home Page | Return
to DVD Tools Home Page
'Q' DVD-Author also features in our 'Linux
Equivalents to Windows Software' section. The category
selector below allows you to filter the different types of software
in that separate article.
Last Updated Thursday, October 31 2013 @ 03:37 PM EST