an open source, standards-based personal
information manager (PIM) built around small group collaboration and a
core set of information management workflows. Chandler consists of a
desktop application and Chandler Hub, a common connection to
share a schedule and coordinate with other people.
The software features support for calendar, email, tasks and
notes. It offers innovative capabilities in calendar sharing
to support workgroup collaboration.
Chandler targets info-centric users. Info-centric users
receive and send lots of email on a variety of topics and often
collaborate heavily with other users.
Chandler is written in a popular rapid development language
and the wxPython graphics toolkit.
- Create and edit notes, messages, tasks and events
- Set up special Chandler IMAP folders to move messages from
your favourite email application into Chandler Desktop
- Manage your focus with Triage Status and Ticklers
- Organize information with collections, which can hold
notes, messages, tasks and events
- Overlay multiple calendars
- Get a summary of what is on your schedule in the Preview
- Create recurring events
- Set alarms
- Send and receive email and downloads messages via IMAP
- Publish and subscribe to calendars on any WebDAV Sharing
to Productivity Tools Home Page | Return
to Personal Information Managers Home Page
Chandler also features in our 'Linux
Equivalents to Windows Software' section. The category
selector below allows you to filter the different types of software
included in that separate article.
Last Updated Sunday, June 01 2014 @ 03:52 AM EDT