Partition Editor) is the GNOME
Partition Editor application.
GParted is an industrial-strength package for creating,
resizing, moving, checking and copying partitions, and the filesystems
This is useful for creating space for new operating systems,
reorganizing disk usage, copying data residing on hard disks and
mirroring one partition with another (disk imaging).
It uses libparted to detect and manipulate devices and partitiontables
while several (optional) filesystem tools provide support for
filesystems not included in libparted.
There are also Live CD and Live USB versions available, based on Gentoo
Catalyst and built on the latest 2.6 Linux kernel. GParted is also
available on other Linux live CDs, including recent versions
- Create partition tables
- Support for the following filesystems: btrfs, ext2, ext3,
FAT32, HFS, HFS+, JFS, Linux-swap, NTFS, Reiserfs, Reister4, UFS, and
- Growing, shrinking, moving
and copying partitions
- Enable and disable partition flags (e.g., boot, hidden)
- Can be used with
storage devices other than hard disks such as USB flash drives, and
- Align partitions to mebibyte (MiB) or
- Attempt data rescue from lost partitions
- Supports hardware RAID, motherboard
BIOS RAID, and Linux software RAID.
- Supports all sector sizes (e.g., 512,
1024, 2048, 4096 byte sectors)
to Partitioning Tools Home Page
Last Updated Thursday, December 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM EST