Plus is a web development tool for the K
Desktop Environment. Quanta
Plus is designed for quick web development and is rapidly becoming a
mature editor with an extensive feature set.
Although Quanta Plus is a powerful HTML editor, it's focus has
extended to be an all-purpose web development environment.
It is more than a HTML editor, although the majority of its
using Quanta+ to create web pages (HTML and
PHP). Quanta+ supports a lot of markup and script languages, and the
number of supported languages can be easily extended.
Quanta Plus is one of the applications included in the KDE
WebDev - the
WEB Development package for KDE.
This package also includes Kommander (a GUI script builder),
KFileReplace (search and replace
utility), KXSLDbg (an XSL debugger), KImageMapEditor (an image map
editor), and KLinkStatus (a link validity checker).
- An intuitive and powerful multiple document interface (MDI)
- Use custom actions, scripting, and toolbars to automate
almost any task
- Uses KDE
KIO slaves for FTP, SSH (through FISH) and other
- Builtin rendering with KHTML
- Ability to load plugins, which are KParts (a powerful
framework of KDE)
- Displays the source code, WYSIWYG Mode (called VPL (Visual
Page Layout) in Quanta) or both.
- XML validation tool, using a xmllint back-end
- XSL processing tool, using the xsltproc tool
to Editors Home Page | Return
to HTML Editors Home Page
Quanta Plus also features in our 'Linux
Equivalents to Windows Software' section. The category
selector below allows you to filter the different types of software
included in that separate article.
Last Updated Friday, October 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM EDT